Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introducing...................Me

So I have been updating all of you over the past few weeks and I completely forgot to introduce myself. I am the Head Keeper here at Bowmanville Zoo. I have many responsibilities here at the zoo but my favourite is being the baboon trainer. Two years ago I was asked to hand raise a baby male baboon, Sammy. He came to us at two months old and needing a bottle every 4 hours, even at 3 in the morning! I gladly adopted him. We went everywhere together, even to hockey games. Now Sam is in his terrible two's and has integrated himself into the larger adult troop. In this troop are Alf (the dominant male) Tony and Nikki (adult females). I spend many afternoons working with the entire group, learning new behaviours, going for strolls through the zoo, and educating our guests in our Animatheatre.



Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment